An Employee services recognition program is integral to the success of any business and the overall productivity of its employees. Now, more than ever, employers should honour their employees with a service recognition gift whether they have returned to work or continue to work remotely during this pandemic.
During these unprecedented times, employees still want and perhaps need a sense of normalcy. Although adjustments have had to be made within any given company, it is important to keep things as normal as possible. It is important to recognize that employees not only want to continue to receive good pay and benefits, but they also want to be treated fairly, to make substantial contributions to the organization through their work, and to be valued and appreciated for their efforts. Employers, now more than ever, should maintain their employee recognition programs in Canada to show that they still value their employees during these trying times.
Employee service recognition can still exist regardless of how companies have had to restructure. Now is a good time to be innovative and to remain a prominent force within this pandemic and imposed restrictions. If your employees are working from home, employee service awards can be delivered virtually through a personal email, a company-wide email, or during an online Zoom meeting where all employees get to celebrate one another for their accomplishments. Additionally, employers could courier awards to their employees' homes. All employees would be thrilled to receive a watch or glass plaque on their doorstep in honour of an employee service recognition for their years of service.
Employers and organizations should remember the importance and value of employee service recognition programs in these times of province-wide emergency imposed restrictions. Employers have the power to effect positive change and to nurture a person's well-being simply by recognizing their achievements. Employees that are isolated and working from home need to feel remembered and valued. Employee service rewards can happen virtually or through home delivery options, and thus no employee should be forgotten.
Employee Recognition is MeaningfulEmployee services recognition programs are a meaningful way to show employees that they are valued and that you appreciate their hard work. Presenting or delivering service recognition gifts is simply one way to honour your employees. There are many ways to acknowledge the well-being and dedication of your employees.
- Use face-to-face technology like Facetime or Zoom or Skype and invite many employees to sign in so that they have some time to socialize and connect, as well as to be celebrated for their accomplishments in these challenging times. You may be able to congratulate an employee through your employee service recognition program for their years of service or a milestone anniversary. Even though it may seem less personal, virtual reality still demonstrates that you care.
- Shopping local is encouraged during this pandemic, as many small businesses struggle to stay afloat. Perhaps purchasing gift cards from these local shops can become a significant part of your employee rewards in Ontario. By doing so, you create a win-win scenario where both your employees are recognized and your local businesses are given a fighting chance.
- Don't forget the value of a personalized message to an employee who continues to thrive in their isolated working environment. Some employees are so capable and they survive under any adverse or new circumstances, and so they should be rewarded and acknowledged for doing so.
- Virtual employee recognition may encourage fellow employees to publicly recognize the achievements of their colleagues. By doing so, they create a culture of unity; we are all in this together mentality.
- Recognize your employees immediately. Do not wait until day's end. Make acknowledgements timely as part of your employee recognition programs across Canada. Do so through team email or voicemail or video chat. Time is of the essence, in the most positive way.
- Order lunch from local restaurants and have it delivered to their homes as part of your employee recognition programs. Again, you are creating a win-win situation by supporting your employees and local businesses. To make it even more effective, have all the employees sign in to a group experience like Zoom, so it becomes like a staff social where people can enjoy some time eating and connecting. Or simply, have meals delivered to your employees homes, so they don't have to cook a meal for their families that day. Regardless of what you choose, the reward is immeasurable.